Grant Application #2: Becker Co. Cares Business Relief Grant (For-Profit & Non-Profit Businesses)
COUNTY OF BECKER
Economic Development Authority
915 Lake Ave., Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Becker County CARES Business Relief Grant Guidelines (For-Profit and Non-Profit Businesses)
Becker County has received Federal CARES Act Funds through the State of Minnesota. One of the purposes of this funding is to provide grants to local businesses that have been negatively affected by the COVID Pandemic through mandatory shutdowns, operating restrictions, lack of business and/or revenue loss.
Due to restrictions placed on the CARES Act Funds that have been made available to Becker County, eligible expenses must comply with all Federal and State Guidelines. Reimbursement is only available to qualifying businesses with eligible expenses and a net loss due to COVID.
For a business to qualify for Becker County CARES Business Relief Grants, the business:
- Must be a currently operating a for-profit or non-profit business with a physical establishment (owned or leased) in Becker County.
- If business is a non-profit, only those designated as a 501(c)3 or 501(c)19 may apply.
- Must be able to demonstrate a COVID related loss between March 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020
- Must be current on property taxes, sales tax and all other Becker County obligations prior to May 15, 2020 and if applicable any required licenses must be valid and in good standing.
- Must be one of the following:
- Registered and in Good Standing with the State of MN,
- A sole proprietor/individual (non-hobby business, gross annual revenues of at least or projected $50,000) registered and in Good Standing with the State of MN and have an Assumed Name filed with the Sec. of State prior to March 1.
- A sole proprietor/individual (non-hobby business, gross annual revenues of at least or projected $50,000) NOT registered but your business name contains your legal first and last name.
- Must have one or more full time employees (the business owner is a qualifying employee) but no more than 30 FTE employees, (1 FTE is defined as working weekly at 40 hours/wk.).
- Must be directly impacted by Governor Walz’s Executive Order #20-01 and associated Orders directly relating to Stay at Home Order.
- Must be able to provide profit & loss statements demonstrating a year over year net loss from March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020 after adding back any local, federal or state COVID grant/relief funding such as PPP funds or DEED grants and provide COVID eligible expenses from March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020.
A qualifying for-profit or non-profit business must submit a full application with e-signatures (accessible on the Becker County website) to be considered for this grant. If an applicant needs access to a computer, please contact the county as noted below.
By signing and submitting the Becker County CARES Business Relief Fund Grants application, the business owner agrees to be subject to a random audit by Becker County for accuracy in expenses, demonstration of business loss, or any other statements or information requested. If it is determined that false or misleading information is provided on the Becker County CARES Business Relief Grants application, the Business will be required to repay Becker County the entire grant amount.
$1 million is currently available for this program. Maximum grant amount shall be no more than the net business losses from March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020. Maximum award will be determined by need and availability of funds.
If additional funding becomes available later, eligible applications that have not yet been funded will be considered.
Online grant applications will be available until October 12, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. at which time the application process will be closed. It is the intent of Becker County to award the Becker County Cares Business Relief Grants as soon as possible, but no earlier than September 22, 2020.
Documentation of a signed profit/loss statement and/or a signed income & expense worksheet shall be required within 10 businesses days of being notified of a grant award unless otherwise submitted as part of original application. If a business fails to provide documentation, the grant will be forfeited.
For any questions or clarifications, please contact Guy Fischer, Economic Development/Parks and Recreation Coordinator at 218-846-7330 or email@example.com.
Becker County reserves the right to reject or modify any application or portions thereof that do not meet the guidelines or application process requirements. Businesses may be prioritized based on impact.